Thursday, June 4, 2009

Random Musings

"Life, like the scent of a rose, rises, becoming more potent and often climaxing until it shatters like glass in the sky"

It appears my life has reached a state of constant returns to age. I mean when I was fourteen, I was known to be 16 and as I grew older my maturity escalated at an alarming rate. Now I am eighteen and it seems to many that I am older than my age and i find that by trying to grow too old too fast I happened to miss out on all the goodies. Par exemple, in year 8 I spent umpteen hours relishing at the sight of year 12 hotties who unfortunately preferred the more mature bodies of their mates and immediate juniors, hence I missed out on the sheer childishness of dating greasy, inexperienced, lanky boys JFK (Just for kicks). I spent my senior years tied to my books under the self imposed dogma that "Education was most important". Now I find myself craving something more contrasting than Rationalism and Empiricism of Locke and Hume, more controversial than the outrageous theories of evolution in the 18th century (was it), more exciting than the everlasting flora of Mount Kilimanjaro.

It holds true now, more than ever, that the most important things in life are people and saying yes to all life has to offer instead of stupidly but optimistically putting all my eggs in one basket.

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you.
    I also missed out greatly on my teen years, sadly.

    I still wonder if I'll catch up with some goodies lool

    ReplyDelete
  2. I officially Love you a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curious is it?
    Is that good or bad?
    :|

    ReplyDelete
  4. u have spoken well, i think i am on the same boat

    ReplyDelete